- Prevention of razor bumps starts well before shaving: Using a quality razor is one of the most important things in a routine. Cheap razors with dull blades are not gonna be beneficial to you. Replace those blades frequently and if you use an electric razor, make sure you’re keeping those blades sanitized.
- Exfoliation: Trying to shave without softening the hair is an extremely easy way to get razor bumps. Is the goal to eliminate them right? Using a facial scrub with aha’s such a glycolic acid is a great way to keep those pesky bumps away.
- Stop Shaving so much: Honestly shaving every day is irritating your skin. Try to lessen the frequency to possibly 2-3 times a week and see how your skin will thank you.
- Stay away from alcohol-based aftershaves: Alcohol dries out your skin more. Look for ingredients such a tea tree oil and aloe to help soothe the freshly shaved skin.
- Stop Putting body lotion on your face: Body lotion is usually a lot thicker than facial moisturizers and has fragrances that will irritate your skin. Look for a gentle moisturizer strictly for your face.
While these are just a few tips to assist you in your preventative methods; it never hurts to seek out a professional to help you with your skin. Keeping a skincare routine based on your skin type is very important and being consistent will help you in razor bump prevention.